Friday, February 22, 2013

The Terror of Solitude

For the first time in my life I am going to praise George Will.  I could easily spend an ultimately stupifyingly long (just like most of his columns) list of his erroneous and completetly stupid and ignorant columns that stretch so long, well; not worth the bother.

So, I must give serious moral intellectual legal and philosophical praise to George Will for making public the fact that the long accepted and deeply entrenched practice of holding prisoners in solitary confinement within the US is a violation of the 8th Amendment to the US Constitution (and the the Bill of Rights). That solitary confinement is severe punishment is without doubt to any person who actually understands these matters is without question. I will go further and state pubicly for the first time that both I and my wife (she more than me) have been on the receiving end of such "extraordinary" (well, without further enumeration of unpleasant details)....

So, I applaud George Will for standing seriously for human rights and liberty.

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr.

No comments: