Saturday, September 2, 2017

Let Trump Continue To Fail To Appoint People

There has been much moaning and wailing and gnashing of teeth by many commentators and politicians over the failure of President Donald Trump to appoint people to fill numerous now vacant positions within the executive branch of government, with the State Department often being put forward as one of many agencies with many empty chairs in official positions.  However, the other night I heard Lawrence O'Donnell make an interesting point: those empty chairs are being filled in the meantime by long-in-place civil servants who actually know what they are doing and are not Trump-loving hacks and fools.  In departments where he has made appointments, such as the EPA, his appointees have wreaked havoc and done mostly awful things. 

So, let us hope that he gets bogged down in tweeting and blocking possible candidates for these positions because they are insufficiently kowtowing to him.  That way we might have at least some parts of some government agencies run by non-crazy knowledgeable individuals. We can only hope.

Barkley Rosser

3 comments:

Jerry Brown said...

Ha!- you point out the silver lining in the cloud. I like.

Barkley Rosser said...

Folks,

I seem to be unable to access Econospeak to post anything. Going in by blogger.com it made me change my password, which I did, but then when I got back in it insisted I mess with my profile and on and on, and never let me anywhere near Econospeak or recognized it exists or anything else. I want to post on the outrageous conduct of Trump saying he will terminate the free trade agreement with South Korea while we are on the verge of having a full out war with North Korea, but if this does not get fixed, I will not be posting anything at all, period. What a bunch of crap.

Autumn said...

Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com? There is no fee; I’m simply trying to add more content diversity for our community and I enjoyed reading your work. I’ll be sure to give you complete credit as the author. If “OK” please let me know via email.

Autumn
AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com