Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Obama, Social Security, My Totalled Car

A young student side-swiped our car a few days ago totaling it. We need a new one. I can do everything on a bike, but Blanche cannot.

I had read that Hyundai was making good low cost cars. We went to see them yesterday. I was appalled how much of the car was made of cheap plastic that was very vulnerable and sure not to last. It seemed like a disposable vehicle.

The article about the quality of the GM cheap car struck home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/13/business/with-chevrolet-sonic-gm-and-uaw-reinvent-automaking.html?src=me&ref=business

The car made me think about the CPI. I am sure that such quality deterioration will not show up in the cost of living, speeding up Obama's plan for undermining Social Security via the Consumer Price Index.

2 comments:

run75441 said...

Mike:

Do you really believe, like Delphi's Miller claimed, direct labor cost is the factor that prevents manufacturing in the US?

Michael Perelman said...

Of course not.