Thursday, September 15, 2011

Still Fighting the Good Fight

This I found in a TNR article about Elizabeth Warren's Senate run:

"Another staunch conservative, Barbara Anderson, president of the libertarian group Citizens for Limited Taxation and longtime weekly columnist for the Salem News, explained to me, “Harvard becomes a picture in the dictionary next to ‘overeducated liberals,’” adding that her son’s economics professor at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst had “kidnapped his brain.”

This is of course what happened to Peter in grad school. My own brain was kidnapped at AU!

4 comments:

JW Mason said...

Awesome. I just forwarded this quote to the UMass econ grad student list. There's at least a couple people there that I know it will cheer up...

Peter Dorman said...

Great quote, Kevin. For the record, my brain was altered long before I descended on Happy Valley. I thought the Marxists at UMass were too conservative....

Dodgy Bagehot said...

Barbara Anderson is worried about Harvard liberals and sends her child to U-Mass Amherst. the response is karmic.

Shag from Brookline said...

And nobody paid ransom to "save" them!