Friday, August 8, 2008

Kvetching

I don't usually use the Internet to kvetch, but after 6 weeks of smoke that had me wearing a mask, I now am reduced to dialup. We lost on electricity on Tue. night because of the strongest thunderstorm I have ever witnessed. The walls on the house shook. Rapid lightening strikes eventually took out a transformer around the corner. I talked to some of the repairmen sitting in a truck. They could not do anything until someone came to tell them which transformer is out.

I told them that I could show it to them. It goes out frequently. 15 minutes later, they drove way. Finally, after continual promises that a fix was coming in 2 hours, we finally got electricity back on Wed. night, only to find out that our DSL was kaput.

AT&T has been giving us the same runaround as PG&E. One call promised that a technician would come by 8 tonight, but another said that we have our "appointment" between 8 am and 8 pm on Wed.

No comments: